You are invited to take part in a research study on emotion and music. This study is conducted by Yading Song from Center for Digital Music, Queen Mary University of London, as a part of his doctoral research.
- Please fill in the questionnaire about your musical background on the first page of the test.
- Listen to the songs (they will last either 30 or 60 seconds)
- Rate each piece using the two dimensions: Valence (happy-sad continuum) and Arousal (excited-relaxed continuum)
- For each track, you may click the "stop" button of the audio player as needed. (Please be careful not to press too quickly, since you can only hear each song once.)
- Please answer all the questions.
- The test will take about 40 minutes to complete.
Please use a recent version of the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer
Please note that FireFox is not supported by the audio player.
Thanks in advance for your participation.